Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Goal without action is just a day dream !

Dear friends,

Its just one day since I opened up this site, I received a mail from a visitor .I felt really happy and at the same time astonished that there are infact many people out there , who are in need of some direction and motivation in their life , that they are ready to seek for help the moment they find some ears to listen to them! if i am able to do that i consider myself as blessed!

So, here is my unknown friend who came up with a vision of getting into a creative field and who is just bored out of his present job in the construction field!
I think many of us are in jobs about which we are not much passionate about ,but end up doing it for the money. And with a dream of getting out someday .. but do not know how!

So, ...with your permission , my unknown friend, I;m pasting your mail and my reply for the benefit of all others who are in a similar position!
Regs
CV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
The mail

Hai CV,It was really interesting to read ur blog.My name is S*, now im working in ksa with a construction based company, I am a post graduate in commerce and diploma holder in public relations and ads, actually I get a good opening from the academy, but I ignore it my intention was to becoming nri and earn money, now I earn as much I can, but as a person with some creative skills this job in ksa is not satisfying me, now I am planning to come back to kerala and start live as I like. I want ur kind advises for how I can start a career in any creative fields. -- with regards Mr.S
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
The reply

hi Mr. S

thanx for your mail. Infact this mail is encouraging for me since my first effort on the net is becoming fruitful .. and i am getting an oppurtunity to be of help to somebody.

Well, as far as your case is concerned , If getting into creative field is your vision , you have to first identify your core area of interest ."Creative area" is a very broad term.You must become more specific about your field..whether u want to get into the media , film industry , ad industry , print media , animation etc..
then you have to first answer the following questions to yourself
1. Why do I really want to get into that creative field? is it for money or is it for my soul? (if it is for my soul , is there an alternate source of income for my family?)
2. what's my experience level in that creative field (any )?
3. How can I convince my future employer( if I want to work for somebody) or convince myself( if u want to own a business) that my skills in the creative field are up-to-date ?
(You can try to answer the above questions for each field or sub sector ,a and do the analysis )
Try to find answers to the above , you can arive at a decision better

One point to note is that you will risk your career if u jump into it all of a sudden .So make necessary preparations while you are in your present job itself. I mean , you can do some additional courses in your field , collect as much information as possible about your particular skills and capabilities and how u can fit into your field of activity.
A Goal without action is just a day dream !
SO GET SET and ACT NOW, TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL!

hope i was able to give u some direction
tell me abt your experience in your thought process.
regs
CV

No comments:

Popular Posts