Saturday, December 24, 2011

FIVE MANTRAS WHEN YOU BECOME ANGRY!

I always wonder at how different people become angry in different ways. I mean, getting angry can be due to many reasons, but how they behave when angry changes from person to person.
Let’s take the case of some people whom I know. One person gets angry for very small reasons and makes a big fuss around it. Whereas , another person doesn’t even get angry for big reasons. This put me thinking, “why do people behave in different manner for the same stimulus?”
Well, being a psychologist myself, I know the reason pretty well. Its based on the personality, mental make up   and emotional balance of each person. (Ah!..all jargons.. I hate it.. but still , I have to use jargons so that u get a feeling that I am serious!)
Whatever it be, I know what you want to know (hmm rhyming!) . “How do I control my anger?”
Abracadabra… Shoo manthar… Let me give you the magical mantra for controlling anger! ( uhh!..do I have one?)
Actually, there isn’t a big magic .. the only magic is YOU ..yourself!
Let’s see how you can become better at controlling anger. I have made the following mantras
·         Mantra no 1: Become AWARE of your Anger-  Identify your symptoms of you becoming angry. It can range from feeling sad, pain (both physical and mental), breathlessness, shivering , throat drying ,brisk movements of hands and legs , heart beat increasing etc.
·         Mantra no 2: Once you are aware,  the next stage is to THINK . This stage requires you to actually use your brain and not your heart. THINK LOGICALLY whether this Anger is worth it. Whether the pain and physical stress you are about to experience is worth for the reason you are getting angry at.
·         Mantra no 3: This Stage is something like an “IF condition” in a flow chart. IF you feel that your anger is worth the stress you are going to take, then Go Ahead to Manthra no :5   Otherwise Go to manthra no 4
·         Mantra no 4: Once you think logically, you will understand that the emotional stress that you are going to face is more than the reason of anger , you  can divert your anger to different emotions- preferably the opposite emotion like Humour or romance.For eg: When your husband calls you a “Dog” for some small reason, you have two options- take it serious and call back him as “pig” and then continue the fight.   Or just take it lightly with a humour sense and say “Bow bow bow” and give him a hug. I am sure the fight will come to an end!
·         Mantra no 5: Sometimes, after you think, you understand that Your anger is worth it. In such cases, the next question is , “How to express your anger?” ,Now this is what I told in the beginning, depends on each person’s personality and emotional balance. 

   I will write about this soon ..Keep visiting my blog

No comments:

Popular Posts